Monday, May 11, 2015

Class 12: Google Drive folders

In order to create a New Folder you simply click the red "NEW" button on the top left of your Google Drive main page. After clicking "NEW," a window will pop up and you click "Create new folder." Once you click new folder, a window appears that allows you to give your new folder a name. 

This image shows my new folder titled "IMMERSION 2015 Outreach."

In order to add files to your new folder you simply click the little arrow to the left of "My Drive" (shown below) and it will make visible, your folder, right below it. You simply click and drag the document you want to put in the new folder over into the new folder. The document I chose to add to my new folder is shown in blue below.
This image shows the "NEW" button in the top left of the screen.

The image below this shows the window that pops up when you have successfully added a document to your new folder.




The last image on this blog post (shown below) shows the contents of my new "IMMERSION 2014 Outreach" folder in my Google Drive.


If you want to share a folder with the public or just specific individuals you can click the symbol that has a human with a plus sign(shown in image below). This symbol can be found in the top right area of your Google Drive windown.

After clicking the symbol above, this window titled "Link Sharing" (shown in image below) will appear. You can make your folder viewable to the public or to specific people. I chose to share a link with anyone at BC. This means that the people in my Google Group who have Boston College Gmail accounts can access the folder if they have the link I shared.




No comments:

Post a Comment